The University of Wisconsin Bachelor of Science in Applied Computing program prepares IT professionals to transform computer science from theory to practice and solve the everyday technical issues that organizations face.
Upon completion of your bachelor’s degree, you will possess the following IT skills and abilities:
You will be able to:
- Apply fundamental programming knowledge and techniques to write software of varying complexities.
- Use standard data structures and algorithms within the software development process.
- Develop system-level software using operating system theories and concepts.
- Understand computer networks, protocols, and devices.
- Describe the professional, ethical, and social issues facing the computing field.
Enrollment advisers are available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT.